Road America Event News - Latest Updates: 4/28/17
We are excited to announce the 2017 National Aero Car Meet in conjunction with Winged Warriors / NBOA. The dates are September 14-17 which is Thursday through Sunday. All aerodynamic Ford and Mopars are invited as well as Mopar B-bodies and 68-71 Ford Torino and Mercury Cyclones.
Our event will be in conjunction with the Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival at the legendary Road America, “America’s National Park of Speed”. Road America is located one hour north of Milwaukee Wisconsin and three hours from the Chicago / Indiana border.
At four miles in length, Road America is the longest and fastest natural terrain road course in North America. Built in 1955, the track was born from the ban of racing held on public roads in Elkhart Lake during 1950 though 1952. As a resort town, Elkhart Lake had a quiet reputation attracting gambling and liquor during the era of prohibition.
Vintage racing action at the track takes place Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 300 entries of all types of of racing cars 1950's through the 1980's. The eleven different race groups run 30 minutes at a time, so the action on track is always changing. Our tickets for the event will be discounted, I expect $35 each. Super bonus: children 16 and under are admitted free with an adult.
Event Plans include:
• A trip to the Experimental Aircraft Association museum in Oshkosh Wisconsin (Thursday)
• Kettle Moraine scenic driving tour on some of the best back roads anywhere. (Friday)
• Spectating and aero car display at Road America (Saturday-Sunday).
• Road Course Reenactment (Saturday) : A police escorted tour of the original Elkhart Lake street course held on the public road during 1950-1952. Street and race cars are invited to participate. There is a small cost $10-$15.
• Lake Street Concours d’ Elegance (Saturday), After the road course reenactment, an informal car show will be held on Lake Street in Elkhart Lake as it was in the 1950’s and early 1960’s.
• Gather on the Green (Saturday): An invitational concours event benefitting Camp Anokijig held late Saturday afternoon on the grounds of The Osthoff Resort. I expect that approximately 15-20 club cars will participate. This event is located adjacent to the Lake Street event described directly above.
• Saturday Banquet. Hosted at the Osthoff by the Vintage Sports Car Drivers Association. Speaker to be announced.
• Parade Lap of Road America – Tentatively scheduled for Sunday at noon
• Track Touring at Road America – Held on Saturday and Sunday over the lunch hour, available at a modest extra cost, this allows you to drive your car on the track behind a pace car at highway speeds for a 20-30 minute session on one or both days. Similar in concept to what we was held at Atlanta before the 2014 meet at Talladega.
The event hotel is the Holiday Inn Express, 55 Holiday Ln, Fond du Lac, WI 920-322-0460 The room block is active now. Call the hotel directly for reservations. The Room block is under "Daytona-Superbird Auto Club" $109 double or king, includes hot breakfast. Please note that there is also a full service "Holiday Inn" (already booked full) at the same location. We are at the Holiday Inn Express
For more information on the events, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 414-687-2489.