The junk yard was located directly behind building 9, which was the Chrysler parts distribution warehouse, built in 1970. In the previous photo above, You can see the overhead door of the warehouse open, with buildings 5 & 6 visible to the left of the photo. Buildings 13 and 15 were built later and caused the permanent clearing and paving of what was the junkyard.
Here is a list of the buildings from the Petty complex
1. The Lee Petty home where Richard and Maurice were raised.
2. Beneath this roof lies the original A-frame reaper shed that started it all. Built in the early 1920's, this building was a simple wooden structure with a dirt floor. It was first used as a race shop in 1951.
3. First addition to the race shop. Richard and Maurice poured the concrete floor in 1956.
4. Built in 1957 and 1958, this building housed the original engine room.
5. Constructed in several phases between 1958 and 1964
6. Dyno rooms and expanded engine room built in 1966. Currently houses two engine dynomometers
7. #43 car set-up and offices. (1969)
8. Originally the parts department, now the fab shop for 43 & 44 cars. (1970)
9. The "Chrysler Barn". Originally built as a distribution center for all Chrysler racing parts. (1970)
10. Paint and body shop. (1973)
11. Storage. (1973)
12. The Richard Petty Museum. Used as a race shop for Kyle from 1979 to 1984. (1973)
13. Maurice Petty and Associates offices. (1974)
14. Marketing offices. (1998)
15. Maurice Petty and Associates. Engines for Richard Petty Motorsports #43 Dodge currently built at this location. (1999)
16. Expanded paint and body shop. (1999)
17. Expanded engine room and #44 car set-up. (1999)